Acupuncture for Pain Relief
- An ancient oriental healing technique, now a safe and modern medical treatment
- Pain Relief – whole nervous system responds with serotonin and endorphins
- Trigger Points – direct and accurate relief of acute pain
- Reduces Inflammation – by stimulating the Pituitary gland
- Useful if symptomatic drug relief/analgesics do not agree with you
- Does not affect your ability to provide blood donation
Following a full medical history and interview in the first treatment, points are selected for the needles which are much finer than injection needles and once in place stay in place for 10 – 20 minutes.
Once needles are inserted, you may experience a tingling or dull ache sensation. Most people find the experience relaxing as the body’s own endorphins start to flow.
As you would expect, sterile conditions are observed throughout. Your skin is cleaned before and after treatment, and the needles once used are disposed of safely.
The number of treatments varies from person to person, and becomes clear from the first session for both practitioner and patient. Side effects are very rare, and occasionally, there might be a small amount of blood or bruising in the needle site, but this is perfectly normal.